Happy Tuesday everybody! To help wrap up the month of February we have Senior Brinnon Schaub to feature.
1. Tell us about yourself! What’s your name, where are you from?
My spirit animal is a Pancake.
I'm from West Des Moines, Iowa.
2. Why illustration? What brought you to KCAI?
I chose Illustration simply because I love to draw and be creative.
3. What medium do you prefer?
I use a lot of colored pens.
4. Favorite project thus far and why?
One of my favorite past projects was the Layered Narrative assignment, junior year. I literally layered my own sketches during a lecture. What I created for that project initiated my own specific drawing aesthetic.
5. Who and or what is an inspiration for you in art making?
I'm inspired by locations. Being apart of an environment urges me to document and dissect it. I'm also inspired by illustrators who have a keen eye for detail and accuracy such as Syd Mead and Kim Jung Gi.
6. Go to tool for sketching and idea making?
If I had to do a quick sketch, I'd probably find a pen or pencil.
7. What is your favorite go to meal?
KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese
8. If you were not doing art, what do you think you would be studying or doing instead?
If I wasn't studying art I'd probably be studying architecture.
9. What other types of work interest you?
SCAT and Baking (frosting cakes more specifically)